To those of you are familiar with us, it is no secret that we, at Gulmohar, love groupwork! Over the last few months, we have been running Weekly Discussion Groups as part of our response to the Covid-19 pandemic, on topics such as:
- Hope, Meaning and Despair
- The Experience of Artists (All of which are set in the Covid-19 context)
As we have found these groups to be a wholesome and fulfilling experience, we are very excited to open them up to all of you! The purpose of the groups we host is usually focused on creating safe spaces for conversation and deliberation about a topic at hand, and an opportunity for reflection with people.
We also find them to be a productive time of creating moments of shared experience and learning alike.
Some things to note about these discussion groups are:
- They are conducted online, usually on weekend afternoons with about 4-6 participants.
- The process of the group typically consists of the facilitators (us) asking the participants open-ended questions, that intend to stir reflection and awareness on the topics we cover. There is absolutely no requirement for preparation, or knowledge pertaining to the topic!
- These groups are meant to be safe spaces for thinking and sharing about your experience of things, in a hope of creating meaning, and feeling a sense of belonging.
- While there is a degree of structure- with rounds of questions being asked and rules in place to ensure safety and amicability, open expression of self is very encouraged.
- There is also no bar to entry. If our slots for the weekly discussion are full, hop onto the next one! We find each session to be rewarding and unique in what it provides.
If you are interested in participating in one of these groups, or would like to know more, email us at [email protected], or reach out to us through our instagram page (Instagram handle: gulmohar.mentalhealth). Hope to see you there!